Employee Training and Development Videos Illinois State Library
The Illinois State Library maintains a collection of employment training and development audiovisual materials that support the training needs of state agency personnel. The titles listed below consist of videocassette and CD-ROM/DVDs. System requirements vary. For more information on borrowing these materials, please call 217-782-7573 or email email@example.com.
- Numbers -
- 10 Basics of Business Etiquette / written and produced for Meridian Education Corporation by Judy Jennings. Monmouth Junction, NJ: Meridian Education, 2004.
Call Number: VIDEO 395.52 TEN
A quick review of the common courtesies of the work place, including handling introductions, making entrances, telephoning, note writing and more.
- 12 Danger Zones for Supervisors: Employment Law Training Program. Brentwood, TN: M. Lee Smith, 2006.
Call number: FOLIO VIDEO 344.7301 TWEL
Each DVD focuses on a different Danger Zone (Hiring, Firing, Harassment, etc.) and, using a combination of dramatic vignettes and a panel discussion by legal experts, provides invaluable advice for dealing with employment law issues.
- A -
- Abilene Paradox / directed by Jeff Brady ; written by Kirby Timmons ; produced by Patty Long ; a CRM Films production. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2002.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4036 ABIL
Management consultant Jerry B. Harvey illustrates the paradoxical nature of mismanaged agreement, describes symptoms of the paradox, probes the reasons behind the behavior, and offers strategies for eliminating collective decision-making confusion.
- Accountability Toolkit / Carlsbad, CA: CRM Leaning, 2010.
Call Number: VIDEO 658.31 ACCO
This toolkit contains video clips that illustrate behaviors of people who others can count on. The clips can be used to make key points in meetings and presentations or used as content for internal courses you are developing.
- After All, You're the Supervisor / presented by CRM Learning ; a CRM Films Production ; directed by Jeff Brady ; written and produced by Kirby Timmons. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2002.
Call Number: VIDEO 658.302 AFTE
A comprehensive training program for new and seasoned supervisors alike and provides an array of tools for use in training sessions and as follow-up to help keep training fresh. Teaches the nine components of supervisory success; includes discussion vignettes.
- Anyone Can Be an Ally / written and presented by Brian McNaught; produced and directed by Joel Lesko. Seattle, WA : SunShower Learning, 2011.
Call Number: VIDEO 306.766 MCNA
In this 14-minute training video, Brian McNaught demonstrates how anyone can be an ally to create a respectful workplace that is inclusive of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender co-workers. The DVD has 4 important extra features including: FAQ: a personal story about creating a workplace that's welcoming for a closeted gay co-worker to come out.; guided imagery exercises; and an interview with the author.
- C -
- Can We Count on You? / directed by Timothy Armstrong; produced by Carrie Naranjo. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2010.
Call Number: VIDEO 658.45 CAN
The program explains how an employee’s personal accountability impacts long-term job success, then shows workplace behaviors that help someone become a person others can depend upon.
- Character is Destiny: Making a Habit of Doing the Right Thing. Portland, OR: CMD, 2000.
Call Number: VIDEO 170.44 CHAR
This video presentation by Russell W. Gough is based on his book, Character is Destiny: The Value of Personal Ethics in Everyday Life. Contains program materials for an ethics and character-building workshop.
- Character in the Movies / Motivational Media Assemblies/National Alliance for Youth Development, 2009.
Call Number: VIDEO 370.114 CHAR
Fifty clips from recent Hollywood blockbusters that can help students learn the keys to character development and personal responsibility. Perfect for character education, counseling sessions, and leadership training.
- Communicating Non-Defensively [revised version] / produced and directed by Denise Dexter ; written by Kirby Timmons. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 1994.
Call Number: VIDEO 658.45 COMM 4
We're all naturally defensive to some degree, and nowhere is it more apparent than in our communications with others. This 19-minute video reveals five essential steps to sending and receiving messages non-defensively for better communication and effectiveness in the workplace. Package contains: DVD, leader's guide and sample participant workbook.
- Communication Counts: Speaking and Listening for Results / with Sarah Judson Brown. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2012.
Call number: VIDEO 658.45 COMM 3
The cost associated with poor workplace communication is staggering. Employee misunderstandings in large organizations are said to run $624 per employee per year (or $62.4 million per year for an organization with 100,000 employees). This program depicts six common communication errors while providing tips on how to avoid them" --CRM Learning website. Accompanying leader's guide provides suggestions for group training. Reproducible worksheets are also included. Note: This disc has been recorded using DVD-R equipment and may not play in all DVD players.
- Communication Toolkit / CRM Learning ; producer/director, Timothy Armstrong. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2004.
Call number: VIDEO 658.45 COMM 2
A library of 39 video clips running from 20 seconds to three minutes on various aspects of communication.
- Consciously Overcoming Unconscious Bias. Chicago, IL: ATS Media, 2014.
Call Number: VIDEO 658.3 CONS
This 8-minute program helps participants recognize their own biases, explains the micro-inequities that express them, and shares helpful tips on seamless coexistence. Package contains: 1 leader's guide, 1 powerpoint presentation and reproducible participant materials.
- Conflict Resolution and Etiquette / produced by Cambridge Educational. Lawrenceville, NJ: Cambridge Educational, 2007.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4053 CONF
Examines conflict management with a step-by-step analysis for conflict resolution. Stresses the value of communication and collaboration and includes interviews with a diverse group of employees and managers who discuss their experiences with conflict.
- Customer Service Gone Viral / Los Angeles : Access Training Media, c2013.
Call Number: VIDEO 658.812 CUST 2013
You can't help but notice that almost everything we do now has a chance of being recorded, reviewed and presented to the whole planet. Without question, customers are making their buying decisions based on what they see online. This new kind of customer feedback puts service providers in a very vulnerable position, but there is something you can do about it. The video program shows how to avoid customer service problems that lead to negative feedback.
- D -
- Demonstrating Emotional Intelligence / with James E. Porter. Norwalk, CT: Part 2 in the series, Emotional Intelligence (StressStop.com), 2011.
Call number: VIDEO 152.4 EMOT 5
This 18 minute DVD teaches the viewer the subtle art of reading facial expressions, as well as the ease to which emotions are transferred from one person to another. Focuses specifically how on the emotions of sadness, happiness, surprise, disgust, fear and anger can be read and then transferred to others. Special features: Q & A with Daniel Goleman.
- Diversity: Food for Thought / produced by Coastal Training Technologies Corp. Coastal Human Resources, 2002.
Call number: VIDEO 658.3 DIVE
Conversations set in Diversity Diner illustrate the importance of valuing and appreciating diversity in the workplace. DVD-ROM capabilities are necessary to access the added features which include a customizable PowerPoint presentation and printable leader's guide.
- E -
- Embracing Change / with Laura Goodrich. St. Paul, MN: Star Thrower Distribution, 2013.
Call number: VIDEO 158.1 GOOD 2
Embracing Change was created to stimulate conversation. Using "person-on-the-street" interviews, you will be introduced to a cast of characters that not only share how we should deal with change but are required to put their thoughts into action. Fast-paced and funny, this four minute program is applicable for all levels of an organization, and will effectively set the stage for meaningful dialog.
- Ethics 4 Everyone. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2003.
Call number: KIT 658.408 ETHI
Ethics is all about knowing and consistently doing what's right. This versatile program will help people in both areas. Employees learn that ethics is displayed in everything they do, and that everything they do counts. They see why ethics is crucial to their success in life and how it can make or break an organization. Included in the kit is a copy of the book Ethics 4 Everyone: The Handbook for Integrity-based Business Practices by Eric Harvey and Scott Airitam. A participant workbook and leader's guide are also provided.
- Ethics Made Simple. Gahanna, OH: TrainingABC, 2013.
Call number: VIDEO 170 ETHI
Ethics Made Simple is a short but comprehensive workplace ethics training program that covers virtually every major workplace ethics topic. Make sure your employees are armed with the facts about what behaviors are unacceptable in your workplace.
- F -
- Finding the Up in Upheaval. Virginia Beach, VA: Coastal Training Technologies, 2005.
Call number: VIDEO 658.406 FIND
Shows two different viewpoints for reacting to change—Bob's and Darren's. Bob shows a very human and understandable reaction to what happens. Darren offers some sound advice that helps Bob through his crisis.
- Fish! For Leaders [Series]. Burnsville, MN: Charthouse Learning, 2010.
Call number: VIDEO 658.314 FISH 2
Shows how successful leaders build relationships by focusing on others first, setting aside distractions, listening, and demonstrating that they care.
- Focus Your Vision / with Dewitt Jones. St. Paul, MN: Distributed by Star Thrower, 2003-2005.
Call number: VIDEO 153.32 FOCU
Using photography as a metaphor, this program explores how we give our lives direction and power, and encourages the development of visions to reality.
- G -
- Gateways to Inclusion / with Sondra B. Thiederman. San Diego, CA: SunShower Learning, 2013.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4053 THIE
This chaptered DVD program includes the 17-minute video, along with 3 Extra Features: a shot Quiz, an FAQ with Sondra and a Video Case Study. The CD-ROM includes a comprehensive Leader's Guide for a 90-minute training session and a 45-minute refresher workshop, 2 PowerPoint presentations and participant handouts. Gateways to Inclusion teaches 4 skills for turning tense moments into productive conversations: manage your emotions; set productive goals; assess intent cautiously; communicate in a way that demonstrates respect.
- H -
- Harassment, A New Look / Acoso, un nuevo estilo. / Assedio, uma nova abordagem / Virginia Beach, VA: Coastal Training Technologies, 2010.
Call Number: VIDEO 658.3145 HARA 2
In English, Spanish or Portuguese. Harassment is taking on recent forms and posting new risks to your organization and managers. Introduce your managers to the new face of harassment and show them how they can and should respond to protect employees and employ with the law.
- Harassment Is / produced by Coastal Training Technologies Corp. Virginia Beach, VA: Coastal Training Technologies, 2008.
Call number: VIDEO 658.3145 HARA
Learn how to identify ways people experience sexual harassment and how to prevent harassment in the workplace. Includes interactive training scenes, PowerPoint presentations, and other resource materials which are accessible through the DVD-ROM menu.
- I -
- Impressions Count: An Introduction to Workplace Etiquette and Communication / presented by OurBizniss; written, produced and directed by Tracy Riddiford and Cathy Beitz. West Lakes Shore, South Australia: OurBizniss Productions, 2002.
Call number: VIDEO 658.45 IMPR
Covers business communication and etiquette as well as social skills and nonverbal communication in the workplace.
- In This Together: An Engaging Look at Harassment and Respect / Media Partners Corporation. Seattle, WA: Media Partners, 2000.
Call number: VIDEO 155.232 IN
Provides employees with practical advice on showing and getting respect at work. Covers harassment, gossip, common courtesy and tolerance.
- Inclusion Insights: Stereotypes, Lazy Brains and Unintentional Intolerance / [Seattle, WA?]: SunShower Learning, 2011.
Call number: VIDEO 158.1 INCL
This 70-minute DVD includes a leader/discussion/participant guide and handouts. The learning objectives include examining and understanding how nice, well-meaning people engage in "unintentional intolerance" and how to become more open-minded to new people and different ideas.
- Innovation at the Verge / written by Joel Barker ; produced & directed by Greg Stiever. St. Paul, MN: Distributed by Star Thrower Distribution, 2008.
Call Number: VIDEO 153.35 INNO
A look at how the convergence of two existing ideas or products can combine to create new ones.
- It’s Up to You: Stopping Sexual Harassment /
ATS Media. Chicago, IL: ATS Media, 2005.
Call number: VIDEO 344.01 ITS
Using real world scenarios, discusses what managers and employees should know to effectively recognize and stop sexual harassment. Answers some of the most frequently asked questions about legal issues in the work place.
- J -
- Joel Barker's The New business of Paradigms / Star Thrower. St. Paul, MN: Star Thrower Distribution, 2001.
Call number: VIDEO 303.49 JOEL
Discusses the role of paradigms in resisting change and paradigm shifts in relation to effecting change.
- L -
- Leadership Challenge / a CRM Films production ; directed by David Ellis ; written by Kirby Timmons ; produced by Rebecca Fisher. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2003.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4092 LEAD
Based on the book by James Kouzes and Barry Posner, this video dramatizes what it takes to inspire others to extraordinary achievements. Shows that leadership is not just a charismatic quality, but a skill that can be taught.
- Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations / [San Francisco, Calif.] : Pfeiffer, c2012.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4 KUOZ 2012
Leaders inspire people to do things differently, to struggle against uncertain odds, to persevere toward a better future - to get extraordinary things done in organizations. Te video featuresJim Kouzes and Barry Posner.
- Leadership Feedback: What Employees Want to Tell You...But Don't / written & directed by Jack Donaldson ; produced by Barbara Polansky. [Los Angeles, CA] : Access Training Media, c2014.
Call number: VIDEO 658.3 LEAD 2012
A video training program that provides an honest look at what employees really think about their leaders and how that affects their work. The video illustrates 2 leaders: one ineffective and the other effective in six key areas of leader/employee interaction.
- Leadership in the Movies / Motivational Media Assemblies and Herff Jones. Burbank, CA: Motivational Media Assemblies, 2003.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4092 LEAD
An excellent resource for using movies to teach leadership lessons. The video contains more than fifty clips from the top movies of recent years, and fourteen aspects of leadership responsibility are presented.
- Leading More with Less / Access Training Media; producer, Barbara Polansky; writer/director, Jack Donaldson. Chicago: Distributed by ATS Media, 2011.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4092 LEAD 3
Demonstrates six critical leadership skills that will inspire employees through difficult periods. The video realistically demonstrates both "wrong way" and "right way" leadership examples and the powerful effect they have on employees.
- M -
- Mad About Customer Service / OurBizniss Productions ; written, produced and directed by Cathy Beitz and Tracy Riddiford. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2003.
Call number: VIDEO 658.812 MAD
Shows "how" with the right training, service professionals can turn a bad situation into an opportunity for increased customer loyalty. CD ROM contains overhead transparency masters.
- Managing Stress / Cambridge Educational. Lawrenceville, NJ: Cambridge Educational, 2007.
Call number: VIDEO 155.90042 MANA
Identifies work place stresses and offers guidelines for reducing their impact to a safe level.
- M.E.E.T - Breaking New Ground: Respect & Inclusion in the Workplace / [Clive, Iowa : Sōllah Interactive, LLC, and Ben and Deb Alexander (Alexander Consulting & Training, Inc.), c2015.
VIDEO 658.3008 MEET 2015
One thing every organization has in common is the need for inclusion and respect. Here is a practical tool that shows how to manage diversity dynamics and create a "respect-filled" and inclusive workplace. The video provides realistic scenarios of difficult situations and aids the organization by developing a respectful workplace.
- Meetings, Bloody Meetings / London : Video Arts, c2012.
Call number: VIDEO 658.456 MEET 2012
Using humor and a variety of examples from today's technology-driven workplace, this updated program teaches a technique that enables team leaders to apply five key elements to both face to face and virtual meetings.
- Miracle on the Hudson: Prepare for Safety ; Milagro en el Hudson : preparado para la seguridad ; Milagre no Hudson : preparado para a segurança / Coastal Training Technologies, Corp.: [Irvine, Calif.?]: Du Pont, 2011.
Call number: Video 363.12 MIRA
Features the inspiring story of Captain Chesley Sullenberger, the pilot who brought Flight 1549 to a safe landing on the Hudson River by calling upon the 4 Cs: competence, compassion, commitment, and communication.
- More Than One Right Answer: A Short Film / by Dewitt Jones ; Star Thrower. St. Paul, MN: Star Thrower, 2010.
Call number: VIDEO 658.403 JONE
Using his photography as an example, Jones shows how to reframe a problem into an opportunity. Perfect for any organization looking to open people's minds to new ideas and ways of thinking.
- O -
- Optimal Performance and Emotional Intelligence / with James E. Porter. Norwalk, CT: Part 3 in the series Emotional Intelligence (StressStop.com), 2011.
Call number: VIDEO 152.4 EMOT 6
This 17 minute DVD teaches the viewer to identify optimal amount of stress in themselves, which is one of the five key emotional intelligence skills needed to stay highly motivated and engaged. Other strategies include learning how to overcome overly negative thinking such as worry, recovering quickly from emotional episodes, and how to handle disturbing emotions in yourself, your coworkers, and your supervisors. The film presents the strategy for addressing these issues as a five-step program. Steps include promoting self-awareness, self-regulation of the nervous system, challenging overly-negative thoughts and worries, recovering quickly from emotional episodes, and responding empathically. Special features: Q & A with Daniel Goleman; 30 minute PowerPoint Presentation; participant handout (Microsoft Word).
- Other Side of the Window: Providing Exceptional Service in Government / produced for CRM Learning by The Dakota Group. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2001.
Call number: OVERSIZE KIT 658.812 OTHE
Illustrates how bureaucratic systems and procedures, however necessary to workflow, can get in the way of providing the level of service—and respect—the public requires. It's a valuable journey into attitudes and assumptions, a realistic look at the day-to-day public sector workplace that is full of customers anxious about the help they need and well-meaning customer service representatives hampered by inflexible rules.
- P -
- Pigeon-holed in the Land of Penguins / CRM Films ; directed by Sam Weiss ; written by B.J. Hateley, Warren H. Schmidt ; film production, Pantomime Pictures Inc. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Films, 2000.
Call number: VIDEO 658.31244 PIGE
This video program tackles the tough subject of stereotyping in a delightful way by looking at some different "birds" in the workplace. As the story unfolds, team members learn to recognize pigeon-holing, understand its high cost, and how to change the pattern. Trainees further see that by tapping into the full creativity of everyone on the team, they open themselves up to significant breakthroughs in innovation, productivity and effectiveness.
- A Policy Is Not Enough; Leading a Respectful Workplace / An Edge Training Systems, Inc. production. Richmond, VA: Edge Training Systems, 2000.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4095 POLI
Discusses harassment in the workplace and how leaders can create a respectful workplace by modeling respectful behavior, communicating the organization's policies clearly and consistently to employees, coaching employees to avoid behavior that may lead to harassment, taking complaints seriously and responding immediately, and allowing no retaliation.
- Positive Discipline: How to Resolve Tough Performance Problems Quickly....and Permanently /
presented by CRM Learning; produced and directed by Timothy Armstrong. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2006.
Call number: VIDEO 658.314 POSI
A training program for supervisors, using dramatizations of performance issues and how to solve them through positive discussion, not punitive action.
- Preventing Workplace Bullying: How to Recognize and Respond to Bullies at Work / with Kevin Starkey. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2012.
Call number: VIDEO 650.13 PREV
Through vignettes, learn to: recognize bullying behavior, know which physical, verbal, and social behaviors constitute bullying; speak up for yourself, stay calm, be confident, and state facts and feelings; speak out for others when being bullied to the bully or their supervisor; commit to next steps, review organizational policies, document actions and responses, involve HR or management, and formalize complaints. Includes the main program (17 min., 19 sec.) and a manager's module (4 min., 43 sec.). Accompanying CD-ROM includes a PowerPoint presentation and reproducible worksheets in PDF.
- Preventing Sexual Harassment for Employees / presented by National Safety Compliance. Springfield, MO: National Safety Compliance, 2008.
Call Number: VIDEO 331.4133 PREV
Covers definition of sexual harassment; potential victims and harassers; inappropriate workplace behaviors; preventing sexual harassment at work; and what to do if it occurs.
- Preventing Sexual Harassment for Employees (Spanish) / presented by National Safety Compliance. Springfield, MO: National Safety Compliance, 2008.
Call number: VIDEO 331.4133 PREV Spanish
Covers definition of sexual harassment; potential victims and harassers; inappropriate workplace behaviors; preventing sexual harassment at work; and what to do if it occurs. Soundtrack in Spanish; table of contents and accompanying materials in English and Spanish.
- Preventing Sexual Harassment for Managers / presented by National Safety Compliance. Springfield, MO: National Safety Compliance, 2008.
Call number: VIDEO 331.4133 PREV 2
Covers managers and their role; types of sexual harassment; potential victims and harassers; effects of sexual harassment; your company’s sexual harassment policy; and investigative procedures.
- Problem Solving / Cambridge Educational. Lawrenceville, N.J.: Cambridge Educational, 2005.
Call number: VIDEO 658.403 PROB
This video demonstrates problem-solving skills for workers in wide range of occupations. Key elements of successful problem solving, such as staying focused, collecting all of the pertinent data, examining the situation from multiple perspectives, and knowing when to ask for assistance, are highlighted. In addition, role-play, active listening, and a positive attitude are offered as proactive measures to help reduce the frequency and severity of work-related problems.
- Q -
- Quality Service in the Public Sector / Coastal Training Technologies. Virginia Beach, VA: Coastal Training Technologies, 2005.
Call number: VIDEO 658.812 QUAL
This training program helps employees improve their customer service skills and create satisfied customers with every encounter. Includes customizable Power-Point presentation, printable leader's guide, quiz and training points.
- R -
- Remember Me / CRM Learning Production ; director, Cindy Erdman ; producer, Tonya Mantooth ; writers, Robert Hutchinson and Kirby Timmons. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Films, 2000.
Call number: OVERSIZE KIT 658.812 REME
In today's high tech world, customers are looking for the personal touch that creates a feeling of trust, as well as a willingness to go that extra mile. This updated edition gives service providers the opportunity to learn or revisit skills that will enable them to give efficient, dependable and caring service.
- Respectful Workplace: It Starts with You. Director, Timothy Armstrong. CRM Leaning, L.P). Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2011.
Call Number: VIDEO 638.4095 RESP
The key to building the kind of workplace, where the unique skills and experiences of all individuals is respected, lies in ensuring that each and every individual understands the part they play in the process. This program combines dramatic vignettes and onscreen hosts to illustrate the four things individuals must do in order to ensure their workplace is respectful and inclusive.
- Right Words at the Right Time / Media Partners Corporation. Government version. Seattle: Media Partners, 2012.
Call number: VIDEO 658.812 RIGH
Produced specifically for front-line public employees, this practical training demonstrates how to turn a customer's frustration or complaint into understanding.
- S -
- A Second Chance: A Short Film / by Paul Hopkins & Joel Suzuki. St. Paul, MN: Star Thrower Distribution, 2008.
Call number: Video 248.4 HOPK
" ... based on the poem The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. This inspirational short program reminds us that even when an opportunity may have passed us by, we can still create a second chance. This program is about finding hope, taking risks, and awakening new possibilities." -- Back cover.
- Seeing Red Cars / with Laura Goodrich. St. Paul, MN: Star Thrower Distribution, 2008.
Call number: VIDEO 158.1 GOOD
This program encourages audiences to focus on what they do want instead of focusing on what they don't. By having a positive attitude and taking action, viewers will be motivated to move in the right direction for themselves and for their organization.
- Serving Customers with Disabilities / a Salenger film. Santa Monica, CA: Distributed by Salenger Films, 199?.
Call number: VIDEO 658.812 SERV 2
The program describes/demonstrates the proper way to treat persons with disabilities.
- Shifting Years: Leverage the Power of Generations / by Laura Goodrich. St. Paul, MN: Star Thrower, 2010.
Call number: VIDEO 658.30084 GOOD
Goodrich talks about the workplace and how different people of different age groups can work together by focusing on similarities instead of differences. Also included is a 17 minute interview with business executive, Don Tapscott, who talks about how to utilize the perspectives and skills of younger workers.
- Supervisor Toolkit. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2004.
Call number: SOFTWARE 658.400715 SUPE
The Supervisor Toolkit provides you with high-quality video vignettes that you can easily incorporate into your own custom training courses. The clips are drawn from CRM's library of best-selling programs. Each vignette/clip runs anywhere from 20 seconds to 3 minutes and depicts a common workplace interaction involving a supervisor and usually, a subordinate. Suggestions are provided in the Leader's Guide for using the clips to draw out specific lessons on supervision.
- T -
- Team Building: What Makes a Good Team Player? / a CRM production ; directed and edited by Robert Torrance ; produced by Denise Dexter ; written by Bob Silberg and Kirby Timmons. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2000.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4022 TEAM
Viewers will learn to improve team functioning and collaborative efforts, the strengths and weaknesses of four distinct team-player styles, and to identify five strategies for becoming a better team player.
- Threat Detector: Your Role in Preventing Workplace Violence / StoneArch Creative. [Irvine, CA?]: Learning Communications, 2010.
Call number: VIDEO 303.6 THRE
This video defines threatening behavior and takes a look at red flag behaviors in the workplace. Viewers will be given a chance to test their own "threat detector" capabilities. The accompanying CD-ROM contains a facilitator guide.
- U -
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence / with James E. Porter. Norwalk, CT: Part 1 in the series. Emotional Intelligence (StressStop.com), 2011.
Call number: VIDEO 152.4 EMOT 4
This 12 minute DVD teaches the viewer three basic strategies for handling stress with emotional intelligence: Becoming aware of emotions, self-regulating emotions, and recognizing and empathizing with the emotions in others. Accompanying CD entitled: "Relax: Six Techniques to Lower Your Stress." Includes: 30 minute PowerPoint Presentation and Participant Handout.
- Use the Telephone the Right Way! / JWA Video. Chicago: JWA Video, 2002.
Call number: VIDEO 651.73 USE
This training video shows you how to apply fourteen key call-handling skills that will boost your credibility and the bottom line.
- W -
- With All Due Respect: Promoting a Respectful Workplace / an Edge Training Systems, Inc. production ; producer, Travis Powell ; written and directed by Dan Thompson. Richmond, VA: Edge Training Systems, 2000.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4095 WITH
Examines the concept of a respectful workplace, built on equality, acceptance, and diversity. Presents a series of vignettes to illustrate how to recognize sexual and other forms of harassment, and who has the responsibility to stop harassment.
- Working with You is Killing Me: Freeing Yourself from Emotional Traps at Work. / directed by James Nopoli ; producer, Rebecca Fisher ; written by Rebecca Fisher, Robert Morgan Fisher. Carlsbad, CA: CRM Learning, 2007.
Call number: VIDEO 650.13 WORK
This DVD, based on the national best-selling book, teaches employees and managers how to tame a toxic co-worker by setting boundaries and how to reduce stress-related problems and interpersonal relationships.
- Workplace Bullying Made Simple: Bullying Prevention for the Workplace. Gahanna, OH: TrainingABC, 2011.
Call number: VIDEO 658.3145 WORK
This 5 1/2 minute program covers several behaviors that constitute workplace bullying, and ideas for its prevention. Bullying behavior can include isolation and exclusion, hazing, menacing and physical bullying, yelling, screaming and verbal abuse, taunting, teasing and much more.
- Workplace Violence: Looking Out for Each Other / Virginia Beach, VA: Coastal Training Technologies, Corp., DuPont Company, 2013.
Call number: VIDEO 658.473 WORK 2013
Urges viewers to stop workplace violence before it starts. Discusses sources, causes, and warning signs of workplace violence as well as prevention strategies and the importance of reporting incidents.
- Y -
- You Call That Respect?: Overcoming Obstacles to a Respectful Workplace / Edge Training Systems, Inc. Production ; a Dan Thompson film. Richmond, VA: Edge Training systems, 2000.
Call number: VIDEO 658.4095 YOU
Presents a series of vignettes to show the different types of workplace harassment. Demonstrates appropriate resolution and preventive action for each type.