Annual Library Certification Data Illinois State Library
- Agency Control Number (5 digit number)
- Administrative Branch Control Number (2 digit number)
(00 for academics, publics, and special libraries or 99 for public school districts)
Certification Form Data
- Building Name
- ZIP + 4 Code* (Look up Zip+4 Code)
- Telephone Number*
- Telephone Number Extension
- D-U-N-S Number*
- FEIN Number*
- Institution Email*
- Director First Name*
- Director Last Name*
- Director Telephone*
- Director Extension
- Director Fax
- Director Email*
- Certification Contact Person (required for schools*; optional if different name than director for public, academic, and special)
- Contact Person Prefix*
- Contact Person Name*
- Contact Person Telephone*
- Contact Person Extension
- Contact Person Fax
- Contact Person Email*
- Board President Prefix* (public libraries only)
- Board President Name* (public libraries only)
- Board President Telephone* (public libraries only)
- Board President Extension (public libraries only)
- Board President Fax (public libraries only)
- Board President Email* (public libraries only)
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
The certification questions asked are derived from the Illinois Library System Membership Criteria [23 Ill. Adm. Code 3030.200] for Developmental and Full System Members and different types of libraries (school, special, public, and academic). All questions below require an answer.
Core Institution Questions for All Libraries:
- Does the library serve the basic information and library needs of its patrons?
- Does the library have a bibliographically organized collection of library materials?
- Does the library have one or more employees serving as librarian at least 15 hours per week?
- Does the library collection have ongoing financial support?
- Is the library collection accessible centrally?
- Does the library occupy identifiable quarters in one principal location?
- Does the library abide by the ILLINET Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Code?
- In the last 12 months, has the library completed the ILLINET ILL Traffic Survey?
- Does the library allow 'Reciprocal Access' as defined in 23 Ill. Adm. Code 3030.110?
- Reciprocal Access means how the resources of all full member libraries of a library system are made available to all library patrons in the system area. Reciprocal access benefits should be imposed equally among all reciprocal access patrons and can include interlibrary loan, photocopy service, reference service, use of library materials on site, and other services. The library governing authority may approve reasonable restrictions, applied equally among all reciprocal access patrons, for services such as computer access, library programs, and meeting room use in accordance with the library system’s resource sharing plan [23 Ill. Adm. Code 3030.110].
All Public School Libraries
- Has a referendum been successful that shall reorganize or consolidate your district with another in the ensuing 12 months?
All Public Libraries
- Does the library meet the financial requirements for state per capita grants to public libraries (75 ILCS 10/8.1: Illinois State Library Grant Programs)?
- Does the library meet the definition of a public library in 23 Ill. Adm. Code 3030.110?
- Has the library completed the most recent Illinois Public Library Annual Report (IPLAR)?
- Does the library allow 'System Wide Reciprocal Borrowing' as defined in 23 Ill. Adm. Code 3030.110?
- System Wide Reciprocal Borrowing means the right of a person who holds a valid, in-good-standing library registration card from a full member public library to borrow materials on site from other library system full member public libraries of the same library system to which their library belongs under the same conditions that the library provides those materials to its patrons, subject to reasonable restrictions approved by the library’s governing board in accordance with requirements of the library system’s reciprocal borrowing policy [23 Ill. Adm. Code 3030.110].
- Does the library inform the library system of its annual action to participate in the Public Library Nonresident Services? [23 Ill. Adm. Code 3050.20]
All Academic Libraries
- Is the institution currently recognized by the Illinois Board of Higher Education as an academic institution [23 Ill. Adm. Code 3030.110]?