Library Card Applications Illinois State Library
- All persons employed by the State of Illinois may apply for an Illinois State Library Regular Card and, if approved, may borrow directly from the State Library's circulating collections and the collections of 85 additional libraries sharing the I-Share universal catalog.
- Persons with a valid Illinois public library card or retired state employees may apply for an Illinois State Library Courtesy Card and, if approved, may borrow directly from the State Library’s circulating collections. Materials must be picked up at the State Library.
- Any person with a valid library card from one of the state’s other I-Share libraries may borrow directly from the State Library’s circulating collections.
Library Card Applications
Fill out and email the applicable library card application. Or, print out the application and send it to:Illinois State Library
300 S. Second St.
Springfield, IL 62701
- Library Card Application (state government employees and elected officials)
- Library Courtesy Card Application (retired state employees and public library patrons)
Library card applications can also be completed in person at the Circulation Desk. A valid state ID card is requested for state government cards. For more information, please call 217-782-7573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.