ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
Illinois Documents Discard List Procedures
Reasons, Rules, and Regulations
- Documents are held for the minimum five-year retention period.
- Tangible documents received through the Illinois State Depository Program that are also available electronically via Electronic Documents of Illinois (EDI) may be discarded according to your library's collection policy after two years without submission on a discard list.
- Submit the electronic list of materials to be discarded via the ISL-STATE-DEP e-mail list. Every Illinois state depository is required to subscribe to the Illinois state depository electronic mailing list.
- Offers to other libraries via the ISL-STATE-DEP list must include the following information:
- Issuing Agency
- Date of Publication
- Volume/Issue numbers for serials
Illinois State Library
300 S. 2nd St.
Springfield, IL 62701−1796