DRIVER'S LICENSE REINSTATEMENT FEES
Please make certain the Driver Services Department has your most current mailing address. Without your current address, our office will be unable to mail you important information regarding your driving status. If you have a new address, please change your address before paying your reinstatement fee. Address Change
All reinstatement fees must be paid prior to issuance of a new Driver's License. The process would be halted or aborted if fines are not cleared in that period.
Applicants will leave the facility with a temporary, secure paper driver's license, which is valid for 45 days and will serve as their DL/State ID for driving purposes and proof of identification. The temporary, secure paper driver's license will contain a photo and the basic information that appears on the permanent driver's license or state ID card. In addition, the facility employee will return the old DL/State ID card back to the applicant.
To Pay Reinstatement Fees Online
- You must owe a reinstatement fee that is listed below.
- You must have a valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- A 2.35% fee (minimum of $1.00) will be assessed for all credit card transactions.
Types of Reinstatement Fees Accepted
We are currently accepting electronic payment for reinstatement fees for the following driver's license suspensions:
- Safety Responsibility (Uninsured Accident Administrative Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Unsatisfied Judgment (Uninsured Accident Court Ordered Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Family Responsibility (DHFS or Court Ordered Child Support Suspension) -— $70 fee for each Suspension
- Mandatory Insurance Conviction Driver's License Suspension — $100 fee for each Suspension. Please note that this reinstatement fee is for your driver's license suspension. You may also owe a mandatory insurance fee for your license plate suspension. You will be required to contact Vehicle Services to pay that fee. Please refer to your correspondence from Vehicle Services for instructions.
- Discretionary Suspension (Traffic Related Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed ten (10) days prior to the termination date of suspension.
- Failure to Appear in Court Suspension (Court Related Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed if this office has received written proof that you have satisfied the courts requirements.
- Parking/Tollway/Automated Traffic Suspension (Municipality/Tollway Authority Violation Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed if this office has received Notice of Final Disposition from the Municipality or Tollway Authority.
For fee types not listed (such as for DUI, multiple traffic related offenses, revocations or fees owed to other Departments), please refer to your recent correspondence from our office for payment methods.
Paying Your Reinstatement Fee
To pay your reinstatement fee(s), you will be directed to a web page for you to enter the driver's license number for the person owing the reinstatement fee. If you do not have the driver's license number, you may enter the complete name and date of birth and our system will attempt to locate the appropriate record.
Once the record has been located, our system will identify the fees owed that may be eligible for e-payment. You may then select the fee you would like to pay by credit card. Banking regulations require that if you owe multiple fees, only one can be paid for at a time using our internet e-Pay system. There will be a bank handling charge that will be calculated for each fee transaction processed.
You will receive an e-mail receipt after each payment is confirmed.