School Bus Endorsement
Any CDL holder who will or already drives a yellow school bus to transport pre-primary, primary or secondary school students from home to school, from school to home, or to and from school-sponsored events must obtain a School Bus Endorsement. To apply for a School Bus Endorsement, you must:
- Be age 21 or older.
- Possess a valid and properly classified driver's license issued by the Secretary of State.
- Successfully pass a written Passenger Endorsement and a written School Bus Endorsement exam administered by the Secretary of State.
- Successfully pass a road exam, if applicable, in a representative vehicle of the class of the license for Passenger and School Bus Endorsements.
- Affirm under penalty of perjury that you have not made a false statement or knowingly concealed a material fact in any application for a School Bus Endorsement.
- Not have been repeatedly involved as a driver in motor vehicle accidents or repeatedly convicted of offenses, that indicate disrespect for traffic laws.