Corp Assumed Name Adoption
- A domestic corporation may adopt an assumed name electronically. A foreign or not-for-profit corporation may adopt an assumed name electronically if it is incorporated in one of the other 49 states or the District of Columbia. The corporation must be on file and in good standing with the Secretary of State’s office at the time of adoption.
- One assumed name may be adopted per filing.
- An expedited fee ($50 for business corporation and $25 for not-for-profit corporation) is in addition to the filing fee because the assumed name adoption is reviewed within 24 hours of receipt (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Each transaction also includes a $5 payment processor fee.
- Payment must be in the form of a credit card — Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
For more information, please e-mail the Department of Business Services or call 217-782-6961.